The “Flavors of Summer” menu includes fresh ingredients new to Applebee’s, such as artichoke hearts, grilled asparagus and fresh blueberries, as well as an emphasis on more in-house preparations.
New limited-time dishes include:
- Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine: The pasta dish includes seared shrimp, artichokes, tomatoes, sautéed spinach, basil and a roasted garlic cream sauce topped with Parmesan cheese and a gremolata of garlic, parsley and lemon zest, which is made in-house daily.
- Garlic Rosemary Chicken Pasta: For this dish, a “scratch-made-daily” bruschetta is cooked down to a light sauce, topped with a grilled chicken breast and artichokes, oven-roasted tomatoes, grilled asparagus and sautéed Portobello mushrooms. The dish is garnished with chopped fresh rosemary and fresh-squeezed lemon and butter.
- Seasonal Berry & Spinach Salad: This salad brings strawberries to the savory side of Applebee’s menu for the first time along with blueberries, an ingredient that's new to the chain. The berries top a spinach salad with a strawberry vinaigrette along with grilled chicken breast, blue cheese crumbles and honey-glazed pecans.
- Florentine House Sirloin A seven-ounce grilled sirloin is topped with fresh spinach, sliced mushrooms, onions and bruschetta over red potatoes that have been steamed, fried and seasoned in house.
- Blackened Sirloin & Garlicky Green Beans is a 7oz. sirloin rubbed with blackened seasonings and basted with lime butter served on a bed of crispy red potatoes tossed in a tomato pesto sauce. A side of fresh-cut garlicky green beans and chunky Roma pepper relish adds color and flavor to this new summertime favorite.
- Margarita Queso Chicken & Shrimp is layered with flavor. Chipotle lime shrimp and grilled chicken in a cilantro lime glaze is served over a flavorful combo of Mexican rice, white queso, corn and black beans. Finishing it with fresh avocado, chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime adds the perfect amount of fiesta flair.