Applebee's Copycat Recipe
1 Tilapia Fillet (or other whitefish) grilled
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup diced red onions
1/2 each diced jalapeno
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon salad oil
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 cup chopped mango
1) Spray both sides of the tilapia with nonstick cooking Spray.
2) Mix together the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper in a bowl. Season both sides of the tilapia with the seasoning mixture.
3) Place tilapia on a clean, lightly oiled grill, smooth side down. Cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees, turning once during cooking.
4) Cook rice
5) Steam fresh vegetable medley (use no butter) season with lemon pepper.
1) Place all ingredients together in a bowl with the exception of the mango, and mix.
2) Add the mango and gently mix right before serving.
1) Place a portion of white rice on a platter.
2) Place the tilapia on the bed of rice.
3) Pour 2 tablespoons of the mango salsa over the tilapia.
4) Add the vegetable medley.
5) Garnish with kale and a fresh lemon wedge.
Applebee's International, Inc. is the leader in the casual dining segment of the United States restaurant marketplace. The company franchises and operates more than 1,100 restaurants under the Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar name, about a quarter of which it owns. The eateries offer moderately priced, high-quality food and drink for all ages in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Applebee's is continuing to expand, with 1,800 outlets the company's stated goal. A smaller restaurant format has been designed for areas with populations under 25,000, to facilitate penetration of previously untapped markets.