Applebee's International, Inc. is the leader in the casual dining segment of the United States restaurant marketplace. The company franchises and operates more than 1,100 restaurants under the Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar name, about a quarter of which it owns. The eateries offer moderately priced, high-quality food and drink for all ages in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Applebee's is continuing to expand, with 1,800 outlets the company's stated goal. A smaller restaurant format has been designed for areas with populations under 25,000, to facilitate penetration of previously untapped markets.
THAI SHRIMP SALAD
This salad contains edamame, almonds and an oriental salad blend which is tossed in a chili lime vinaigrette and topped with juicy shrimp, wonton strips, peanut sauce and fresh cilantro.
2 FOR $20 MENU
The 2 for $20 menu is available at participating locations only and no substitutions are allowed.
FIRST, PICK AN APPETIZER TO SHARE
- Two Side Salads (House or Caesar)
- Boneless Wings
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Grilled Chicken Wonton Tacos
- Mozzarella Sticks
THEN, PICK 2 FULL SIZE ENTREES TO ENJOY
- Bourbon Street Chicken & Shrimp
- Chicken Freshcado
- Oreintal Chicken Salad
- House Sirloin
- Quesadilla Burger
- Fiesta Lime Chicken
- Three Cheese Chicken Penne
- Chicken Tenders Basket
Applebee's New Items:
- The American Standard (pictured): Two slices of American cheese, bacon, onion, pickle and a signature sauce, price varies by location
- Mushroom Swiss: Portobello and button mushrooms, smoky mayonnaise and Swiss cheese, price varies by location
- Triple Bacon: Two slices of bacon inside, two slices of bacon on top, barbecue bacon ranch sauce and Cheddar cheese, price varies by location
- Sweet Asian Pineapple: Pineapple, sweet Asian Chile sauce and Jack cheese, price varies by location
Availability: Permanent, starting Aug. 18, 2014
SOUTHWEST STEAK FETTUCCINE
Applebee's Copycat Recipe
2 top sirloin steaks
1 red pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup yellow corn
1/2 pound fettuccine noodles
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil plus a tit bit more to sear steak in
1 cup heavy cream (about 1 half pint carton)
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese for topping,
black pepper to taste
red cayenne pepper to taste
cilantro to sprinkle on top
To make the steak: Chop red pepper and green onion into small pieces. Saute in small frying pan on low heat while the rest of the meal is cooking. Cut steak into small strips (its a lot easier to do this when its still slightly frozen). Put in medium frying pan and sprinkle with olive oil, cook over low heat. Be careful since the steak is cut into strips they will cook fast, low and slow is the way to go here! Sprinkle steak with black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cilantro to your taste. Boil a pot of water and cook noodles as directed.
For the Alfredo sauce: Melt butter in medium saucepan with olive oil over medium heat. Add the cream, milk, and flour. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring often. Add parmesan cheese and simmer for a few more minutes until thick. Dump the red pepper, green onion, and garlic into the Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle sauce with black pepper and cayenne pepper.
To serve: Cover the plates with noodles, add some sauce, and make a layer of steak, then sprinkle with more.
SOUTHWEST STEAK SKILLET
Applebee's Copycat Recipe
2 (5 oz.) sirloin steaks, or your favorite cut
4 shakes blackened steak seasoning
1/2 cup red peppers, julienne cut
1/2 cup green peppers, julienne cut
1 cup yellow onion, julienne cut
butter, as needed
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
garlic, granulated, to taste
1 slice Cheddar cheese
1 slice Monterey jack cheese, sliced
Preheat skillet or grill to 350 degrees.
Shake blackened steak seasoning on to one side of meat and grill to desired doneness, turning halfway on grill between "flips" to achieve "diamond" grill marks.
While steak is cooking, cut onions and peppers. Melt butter and saute onions and peppers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Reduce heat and hold until steak is cooked.
For final minute of steak cooking, top with cheese slices. Plate for service with onions and peppers and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Notes: Applebees serves this dish with skin on garlic mashed potatoes and garlic bread.
New Menu Items and Refreshed Beverages
- Grilled Vidalia® Onion Sirloin: A tender 7 oz. sirloin is grilled to order and topped with a grilled and caramelized slice of sweet Vidalia® onion, with garlicky spinach and smashed and crisped red-skinned potatoes in a warm, sweet and spicy Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine: Steaming linguine noodles are tossed in a citrus scampi sauce, then layered with grill-seared juicy shrimp and zucchini and finished with a scoop of pomodoro sauce, Applebee’s Parmesan cheese blend and torn basil.
- Strawberry and Avocado Salad: Strawberry slices, fresh arugula and romaine are tossed in a fresh chili lime vinaigrette and topped with fire-grilled chicken breast. Hand-cut avocado chunks add a creamy complement to the zesty dressing.
- Weight Watchers®-endorsed Chicken Freshcado: Fire-grilled whole chicken breast loaded with avocado, pineapple, peppers, onions, zucchini and cucumbers and served with white rice.
- Refreshed Margaritas: Perfect Margarita, Strawberry Lime Margarita, Perfect Sangria Margarita, Malibu® Red Tropical ‘Rita, Main Street ‘Rita®.
- Brand-New Cocktails: Island Blast Rum Punch, Jack’s Berry Smash, Kentucky Fruit Tea, Fresh Fruit Citronade, Spiked Summertime Soda
Spirited Cuisine Menu Items
- NEW! Chicken & Shrimp Tequila Tango: Juicy chicken breast and plump shrimp are perfectly seasoned, then topped with tequila avocado sauce and chopped cilantro. Served on a bed of Mexican style rice and sauteed peppers & onions for a truly sensational blend of flavors.
- NEW! Marsala Mushroom Sirloin: A juicy grilled 7 oz. sirloin is topped with tender mushrooms sautéed in a rich Marsala wine sauce. It’s all placed over a creamy rice blend with caramelized onions and our Parmesan cheese blend, then sprinkled with lemon zest and fresh parsley.
- Napa Chicken & Portobellos: A rich cabernet demi-glace smothers a grilled chicken breast topped with onions, Portobello mushrooms and Parmesan cheese blend over a bed of sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, red onions and crispy red potatoes.
- Brew Pub Pretzels & Beer Cheese Dip: A contemporary spin on a classic British dish, craft beer and white cheddar cheese are cooked slowly to allow the beer’s flavors to permeate the cheese completely. Fluffy on the inside and crispy outside, the pretzels are finished with sesame seeds, coarse salt and crushed red pepper.
- Double Barrel Whisky Sirloins: Deglazing the pan with smooth bourbon adds an oak flavor and light, smoky notes into two blackened 4 oz. sirloins. Served with a delicious mountain of garlic mashed potatoes and topped with red peppers, mushrooms and caramelized onions.
Just in time for National Honey Month in September, Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar is taking the notion of “opposites attract” to the dinner table with a match no one saw coming. Smooth, sweet honey is combined with a hint of spice from cracked black pepper in the new Honey Pepper Grill menu at Applebee’s restaurants.
The Honey Pepper Chicken & Shrimp starts with grilled chicken over fried red potatoes and green beans, topped with fried shrimp tossed in honey pepper sauce, to complement its crunchy texture.
The Honey Pepper Sirloin is a 7oz. sirloin served on a bed of potatoes and topped with fried onions and jalapenos, with the honey pepper sauce adding even more flavor.
The 4 Cheese Mac & Cheese with Honey Pepper Chicken Tenders has indulgence in every bite. Honey Pepper balances the richness of the dish by giving a sweet and savory flavor to our breaded chicken tenders, served atop a mound of our 4 Cheese Mac & Cheese loaded with Applewood smoked bacon.
For a limited time, Honey Pepper Grill menu items are available on Applebee’s restaurants’ signature 2 for $20 menu – two full-sized entrees and a shareable appetizer for just $20.
Applebee's Copycat Recipe
Two 5.5 oz. steaks grilled and topped with garlic butter and mushrooms served with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
This dish at Applebee's has mounds of blackened seasoned chicken, shrimp and andouille sausage get all jazzed up with seasoned onions, red peppers, jambalaya and almond rice pilaf.